Antonio Conte says he dreams of returning to his homeland of Italy in the future, but remains committed to Chelsea for now.
“I miss it, that’s beyond doubt,” the Chelsea boss said.
“Italy is my homeland, so once I have had some good experiences, formative experiences, important and life-changing experiences, I’ll be back. I don’t know when but that’s the aim.”
Conte has been in charge at Stamford Bridge since the summer of 2016, and led the Blues to the Premier League title in his first season in West London.
Despite not playing for the club, Manchester City defender John Stones congratulated Chelsea and striker Alvaro Morata following the Blues’ 4-0 victory over Stoke on Saturday, via his official Instagram account.
The post on the Englishman’s account read as “Great win today and congratulations @alvaromorata on his hattrick! #CFC”
Fortunately for Stones, he didn’t forget which club he played for. It was, in fact, an error from a public relations company that runs Gary Cahill’s Instagram account as well as Stones’. The post somehow made its way onto the Manchester City player’s account, and not the Chelsea captain’s.
Finally. After months and months of speculation and negotiations, Chelsea and Atletico Madrid have finally agreed terms over the sale of Diego Costa. The Spaniard has been out of Conte’s plans since the Italian texted the striker that he was no longer in his plans for the season, and Costa had been in Brazil since.
But finally, Costa gets his wish for a return to Atletico Madrid, having previously played for them before his three years in West London. Despite the acrimonious end to his Chelsea career, Costa holds no grudges or ill feelings towards anyone at the club.
A proven goalscorer, and a fighter on and off the pitch, Diego Costa will be missed by a number of Chelsea fans.