Thomas Tuchel has confirmed that Antonio Rudiger will not receive any punishment for the training ground row with Kepa Arrizabalaga and will start against Porto on Wednesday.
The two Chelsea stars were involved in a training ground bust-up in on Sunday following the shock 5-2 defeat to West Brom the day before.
Tuchel and his coaching team reportedly had to interfere and send Rudiger in from training, but as Marcos Alonso confirmed in his interview, the pair have resolved the situation.
Interestingly, while Alonso seems to take the situation rather lightly and described it as a normal incident in training, Tuchel deemed it unacceptable.
However, he is pleased by how Rudiger and Arrizabalaga eventually resolved the problem.
“No punishment so far because of the way they dealt with it,” the German said in his pre-match press conference on Tuesday.
“It was an immediate reaction and Toni sorted it out immediately which was absolutely necessary.
“It was the strong and the right thing to do, it cleared the air immediately and we are happy with how they dealt with it.
“These are things we don’t like to accept but there is no more with this situation.”
The Chelsea manager also clarified that the incident will not influence his team selection for tomorrow.
Asked whether he expects Rudiger to start, Tuchel said: “Absolutely, yes.”
Rudiger has been one of Chelsea’s best performers under the new manager, and based on what we saw on Saturday, his return will be very welcome.
After all, Kurt Zouma who operated on the left of the back three had a very disappointing game, to the point that Owen Hargreaves believes it will cost him his game time going forward.
In another positive team news, N’Golo Kante might also be available for the trip to Seville after joining the team training on Tuesday.