Journalist Ben Jacobs has claimed that Chelsea are definitely going to sign a striker in January as things stand.
He told Simon Phillips’ Substack that the Blues will definitely strengthen up top if their inability to find the net on a regular basis continues throughout this season.
One of the biggest frustrations of the season occurred on Sunday when they were held to a 0-0 draw with winless Bournemouth.
Throughout the 90 minutes, a whole host of players had opportunities to secure the points for the Blues, however all either missed good chances or turned down the option of a shot when they really should have.
Nicolas Jackson has started every game up front for the club so far in the league, however has just one goal to his name.
The last two games in particular have shown that he doesn’t have the razor-sharp goalscoring traits at this stage for a side like Chelsea need.
Chelsea will sign in January
It has already been claimed that the Blues are considering looking elsewhere in the transfer market when it opens again in an attempt to find a regular goalscorer before this season comes to an end.
Jacobs has now claimed that this will happen if they continue to misfire, with Ivan Toney being one of the names linked with a deal.
He said: “There’s no doubt Chelsea will bring in a traditional No.9 in January if the shyness in front of goal continues. Ivan Toney remains one to watch.”
Toney is currently banned from competition, however is only a couple of months away from returning to first team action.
His record in the Premier League has proven that he certainly knows where the goal is.