Ajax CEO is unsure how Hakim Ziyech's Chelsea move will be impacted by football postponement
Ajax Amsterdam’s CEO Edwin van der Sar admitted Eredivisie postponement could impact Hakim Ziyech’s transfer to Chelsea.
The former Manchester United goalkeeper spoke on Ajax’s official Youtube channel about the current issues on how to end football seasons amid the global health pandemic.
The 49-year-old hopes the current season to end before June 30, since it’s the date when many contracts run out; not only players but also sponsors.
“The idea now is to finish the domestic leagues, the Champions League and the Europa League,” he added.
Van der Sar then explained how this situation could affect Ziyech’s transfer to Chelsea which initially should be done on July 1.
He said: “We are all trying to restart the leagues at the same time, but if some seasons run longer than others, we are looking at what to do with these difficult matters, which nobody ever thought would be necessary to review.”
The footballing icon also said Ajax will set up a “special task force” to take care of and look at all difficult matters, all possibilities, and impossibilities.
Chelsea have previously sealed Ziyech’s transfer for a reported fee of £36.6 million (Express). The 26-year-old has agreed to sign a five-year contract at Stamford Bridge.
Speaking about his move to Chelsea, Ziyech told Chelsea’s official website in February: “I am delighted and proud to have signed for such a huge club as Chelsea. I am looking forward to next season and hope we can achieve great things together.”