Barcelona have reportedly told the agent of alleged Chelsea target Xavier Mbuyamba that the defender is allowed to leave in the summer.

The 18-year-old joined Blaugrana last summer and has mostly played with their U19 side.

Initially the defender, who stands at 6ft5in (1.96m), was tipped to join Barcelona reserves next season, having already trained with the first-team this season.

But apparently there has been a change of plan, mainly due to potential political issues at Barcelona, according to his agent Carlos Barros.

(Photo by Pim Waslander/Soccrates/Getty Images)

Barros told Voetbal International on May 18: “The uncertainty is huge. There will be a new presidential election, which could make it possible that many new people will be on the board.”

The agent also said that he has met with Chelsea representatives and admitted that the Blues have a very attractive proposal.

He said: “Chelsea have the best papers. Of course we discussed this extensively last year.

“Chelsea gave a fantastic presentation. There is a unique football atmosphere there.”

(Photo by Quality Sport Images/Getty Images)

Catalan outlet Sport has now claimed Barcelona have given Mbuyamba their approval to leave the club.

The report added that there is no space for the centre-back at Barcelona B, and also mentioned a few other interested clubs such as Juventus, Inter Milan and Real Madrid.

Have something to tell us about this article?