Kai Havertz will not return to Bayer Leverkusen says manager Petr Bosz
Manager Peter Bosz has admitted that reported Chelsea target Kai Havertz will no longer return to Bayer Leverkusen following his international duty.
The 21-year-old is already in Stuttgart with the rest of the Germany squad as they prepare for their UEFA Nations League fixtures against Spain on Thursday, September 3, and Switzerland on Sunday, September 6.
As previously reported by Bild, Havertz was absent from Leverkusen’s performance tests on Sunday.
And it was not because he had to travel for the national team as well since Jonathan Tah who is also in the Germany squad was present in the performance tests.
According to a recent report from Sky Sports, Havertz wants to complete the Chelsea transfer as soon as possible with as Chelsea and Leverkusen in talks over a £90m transfer fee for the versatile midfielder.
The biggest hint regarding the potential blockbuster transfer may have come from Leverkusen manager Bosz himself.
He told the media today: “Unfortunately our squad isn’t set yet.
“I don’t expect Volland and Havertz to train with us again. It’s possible more players will transfer.
“We definitely still have to add some players.”
Chelsea have announced three defensive recruitments last week in Malang Sarr, Ben Chilwell, and Thiago Silva, with the former to be sent out on loan for the 2020/21 season.
While their early summer signings Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner have trained with their new teammates and played in the pre-season friendly against Brighton last Saturday.