Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho reportedly considers a move to Manchester United an attractive option because of his links and friends with the city.
The 20-year-old played for Manchester City before his move to Dortmund in 2017.
According to The Athletic, it helps Manchester United take the pole position in the race for the England international’s signature this summer.
A move to Old Trafford would also see Sancho link up with England teammate Marcus Rashford. The pair have linked up well under the Three Lions boss Gareth Southgate before.
Rashford has previously opened up about his desire to play alongside Sancho at the club level.
Speaking to Bleacher Report Live he said: “Hopefully we can all play together, that would be good.
“He plays off the cuff, he’s creative and imaginative, these are the things you need to be world class.’
Sancho is one of Europe’s hottest prospects, having netted 14 times and further provided 15 assists from 23 appearances in the Bundesliga this season.
Unsurprisingly, he stole the attention from a number of Premier League top clubs, including Chelsea.
The reported asking price of around £120million, along with the fierce competition, has forced the Blues to consider some alternatives, according to reports.
Philippe Coutinho, whose loan deal with Bayern Munich will end this summer, has been heavily linked to a move to Stamford Bridge.
- Three alternatives to Jadon Sancho Chelsea should consider
- Chelsea are reportedly ready to meet Borussia Dortmund’s £120m asking price for Sancho
- Report explains how much Chelsea would have to pay for Coutinho
- Chelsea make big decision on Jadon Sancho’s pursuit as Lampard’s request looks improbable
- Why Coutinho could be a cheaper, lower risk alternative to Sancho