RB Leipzig managing director Oliver Mintzlaff has denied communication with other clubs over Timo Werner’s transfer but said the striker has been occupied by “a transfer”.

The 24-year-old has reportedly agreed to join Chelsea with reports from Germany and England claiming the deal will be done before his release clause expires on June 15.

Leipzig chief Mintzlaff has responded to the reports saying the transfer decision is up to the striker.

(Photo by Thomas Lohnes/Getty Images)

He told Sky Sports Germany: “We are concentrating on the final sprint of the league, that is the only thing we are currently discussing with Timo.

“It was important for us that we extend the contract with him. Of course, there was this exit clause that we put in the contract to give him the opportunity to take the next step.

 

“Now Timo Werner is sitting in the driver’s seat, not us anymore.”

(Photo by TF-Images/Getty Images)

Although Mintzlaff has denied any contact with another club, he admitted Werner has been busy with “a transfer” for weeks.

He said: “So far, Werner has not drawn the clause, nor has any club sent us a transfer contract.

“Accordingly, we have nothing to report. Timo Werner is a player from RB Leipzig. He signalled a few weeks ago that he was busy with a transfer. Until now, nothing is dry.”

Read also:

Have something to tell us about this article?